Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ooft! Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce

My wife and I have developed a very high quality scotch bonnet hot pepper sauce, after years spent taking an old family recipe of her fathers (a master sauce maker from Maracas St Joseph in Trinidad) and modifying it for commercial production. This is a vatted sauce, i.e. the sauce takes a year to mature in glass vats before bottling, and during that year develops the flavor which is based on Scotch Bonnet peppers, garlic, fresh squeezed lime juice and mooli (also known as daikon) plus other ingredients. See our web site at islandgirl.eu
for more information and ordering. This sauce goes well with many dishes, having the quality of improving flavor and "lifting" a dish.

1 comment:

The Thistle said...

Came across this in a pop-up shop in Hawick. I like to think I know a wee bitty about West Indian Hot Pepper sauce, but this is certainly one of the best I've ever came across and deserves a bigger audience, excellent and well done, I'm hooked!