Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Satay Shrimp and Chicken

I don't often praise a commercial product in these pages but one must give praise where its due. Jimmy satay sauce blend see this link for the sauce on Amazon
is really good and gives an authentic taste.



I blend finely 1tbspn of garlic, ginger, hot pepper and 2 tbpns onion very fine chop. I add 1 tbspn of Jimmy sauce and salt and pepper and use this mixture to marinate shrimps or chicken (the chicken chopped into 3/4 inch cubes. Let it marinade for at least an hour and it can be left overnight.

The thread onto bamboo skewers and as I don't barbecue much, I pan fry in about 2 tbspns of oil quite hot. The reason for the oil is without it the meat/shrimp will stick and ruin the satay. The satay will glaze nicely and look and taste delicious as a starter or even 4 skewers for a main course with rice.

No comments: